Saturday, July 10, 2010

Voice Over gig with I & G Media


Last Tuesday I was called in for a paid voice over gig with I & G Media. Even though I got lost several times in Redfern, I eventually found the recording studio. It was a quick and simple gig where I discovered that I had a thing for "voice overs". I played the characters of "Anh" and hysterically crying role of "Li-Na" who had just had photos of her in her underwear circulated virally online. This gig was all about promoting healthy relationships and about cyberbullying.

Some pointers about "voice over" gigs:
1. Don't drink caffiene based beverages. It will make you dehydrated and that will definitely affect those vocals.
2. Warm up the vocal cords before you head in for the gig. This avoids strains and harming one of the essential tools for acting.
3. While performing, relax, don't over think and just let the dialogue flow.

Things I've learnt about myself:
* Definitely an improvement from the Special Broadcasting Service Ad I did earlier this year. I recall struggling on the word "Community" as I kept on "ghettosizing" it - "Communy".
* Voiceovers is on the same vein as acting
*I don't have such a bad dorky voice afterall.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright (c) 2010 trying find. Design by WPThemes Expert
Blogger Templates by Buy My Themes.