On Sunday we went to the West Coast Steiner School Open Day and Spring Fair. It was a nice warm spring day and I was very glad of the pop up shelter we took along with us, as we may have melted away in the sunshine otherwise. We presented a display table of temari items and spoke to a number of people about temari making. I met several Japanese ladies on the day, most of whom had seen temari when they were growing up but had never stitched one before.
We sold a good amount of caramel popcorn (a sample tasting always helps along with sales of this) and we only came home with two small bags (luckily one each for Mstr W and Miss D). We also sold some fabric journals, wired rings, temari styled brooches, and some yubinuki beaded necklaces and a temari or two too. The yubinuki were really cute, there was the red/white and purple/gold ones from last weeks post and also a red/silver one that I didn't even get a chance to photograph before it sold. I really am enjoying making these beads and I've started a new one already this time in navy blue and minty green... but it will need to sit for a week or so before I finish it because I am back to pattern writing and workshop preparation again today.
makmbut eplekenyes ea rank bingong mabok whae antimo campor towak apek nggoreng yow gak dwe duwek terpaksa ganti profesi dopeng murah tapi meria
0 comments:
Post a Comment